Broccoli Slaw Tomato Garlic & Chives Egg Skillet Pie
If you’ve got eggs, you’ve got a meal! This skillet pie made kind of like a frittata or an omelette is full of veggies, melted cheese, and savory flavors! I love making skillet egg pies because you just throw whatever it is you have into the skillet then cover with the egg mixture. Put a lid on and a slow steaming takes place making everything cook effortlessly!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves (I get mine from the grocery store deli salad bar~~keep these items on hand!)
- 3 tablespoons oil (olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil~~your choice)
- 1 packed cup broccoli slaw (pre-packaged in produce/salad department
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into chunks (your desired size)
- 1/3 cup rough chopped flat parsley & cilantro (50/50 combo)
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, milk, chili flakes and salt, add the garlic and set aside.
In a non-stick skillet (about 7-8″ diameter) put the oil; turn heat to medium. Add the broccoli slaw and saute/cook for about 3 minutes. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli. Add the tomatoes on top; do the same with the parsley/cilantro, chives and cheese.
Cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium low. Let this cook about 15+ minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove and let the ‘pie’ cool then slide it onto a cutting board lined with parchment paper. Dig in! You may want to add your favorite toppings~~labneh sauce, cholula, salsa~~whatever!
You'll also love
- Quick Thai-Style Beef & Peppers... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Low Carb Bacon Cheese Spread 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Pie 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Fresh Broccoli with Homemade Ranch... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- MANILA CLAMS IN VENTURA... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup in the... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)