This carrot cake is chock full of fresh shredded carrot and slathered with rich cream cheese frosting. It makes a naturally delicious dessert for any occasion!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 cups shredded carrot
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese frosting
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through salt); make a well in center of mixture. Combine apple butter and next 4 ingredients (apple butter through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add apple butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in carrot.
Pour batter into 2 (8-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 2/3 cup frosting, and top with remaining cake layer. Spread the remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Cheddar Cheese Biscuits 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Crock Pot Lentil Vegetable Barley... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Dripping Au Jus Beef Sandwich... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Blackberry Tiramisu 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Fresh Broccoli with Homemade Ranch... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Street Corn (Elotes) 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Minty Chocolate Christmas Bundt 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe