No Fail Yeast Bread
Today, homemade bread may seem impossible for the novice cook, but not with this recipe! It is easy, quick to fix, and takes much less time than traditional homemade bread.
- Optional sweet rolls:
- 5 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup honey or 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons dough enhancer, optional
- 11 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cinnamon and sugar, for sprinkling
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
This recipe is easiest if a large mixer is used. If a mixer is unavailable, dough may be kneaded by hand.
Combine water, oil, salt, sugar (or honey) and dough enhancer. Add yeast, mix. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
Cook's note: The recipe calls for about 11 cups, but I end up having to use about 2 to 3 more cups than this, otherwise it is too sticky. It depends on your altitude, humidity, etc. but just add flour until it is not sticking to your finger.
Knead for 8 to 10 minutes in your mixer or by hand. Flour hands and remove from mixer.
Divide into 4 parts. Shape each part into a loaf and place into greased loaf pans. Cover and allow to rise until dough is 1 inch above pan.
Heat oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn out of pans to cool.
Cook's note: A nice variation is to make sweet rolls. Take 1 or 2 of the pieces of bread dough divided to make a loaf. Roll each portion of dough out into a 14 x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with 1 to 2 tablespoons softened butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up dough. Cut into 1-inch slices and place on greased baking pan. Allow to rise until double in bulk. Bake as above.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (449 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (241 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Golden Corral Rolls 4.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Buttered Rosemary Rolls 4.6/5 (102 Votes)