Mama’s Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and shortening for 2 minutes at medium speed or until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar. This step should take around 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time beating just until the yellow disappears.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Begin and end with the flour mixture. Stir in the extracts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake one hour and 15 minutes or until a tester inserted hear the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan 12 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Stovetop Stuffing... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pig Licking Cake 4/5 (44 Votes)
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Sorbet 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Pesto Chicken 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Autumn Spice Cake with Cream... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake Recipe 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Pound Cake 4.2/5 (24 Votes)