Taffy Apple Salad
Easy salad and really tastes like taffy apples.
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugars, flour, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir until mixture thickens and reaches 160. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
Fold whipped topping into the chilled dressing. Add the apples and peanuts to the pineapple and marshmallows. Fold dressing into fruit mixture.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.