Fried Cabbage with Sausage
A family favorite cabbage dish. Oh yeah, you gotta have some hot cornbread with it this!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 pound smoked or polish sausage, sliced (I use Conecuh original smoked sausage. Use as much as you like)
- 1 (15 ozs) can petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large non-stick skillet, pre-cook the sliced sausage a few minutes to draw some of the fat out. Remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
To the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the cabbage and onion and cook on medium-high for about 5 minutes stirring til cabbage starts to wilt.
Add remaining ingredients, and the sausage.
Cover and cook about 5 minutes. Uncover, and finish cooking til cabbage reaches the desired tenderness and the liquid is almost gone.
You'll also love
- Ramen Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Penne Pasta 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- FRESH APPLE CAKE WITH BUTTER PECAN... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Pineapple Citrus Cream Squares 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- HG's Garlic-Parm Sweet Faux-tato... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Never Fail Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef and... 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Sausage Tortellini - Instant Pot 4.6/5 (8 Votes)