HG's Garlic-Parm Sweet Faux-tato Fries
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
PointsPlus® value 5*
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
- Dash chili powder
- One 2-lb. or half of a 4-lb. butternut squash (20 oz. once peeled and sliced; click for tips!)
- 1/8 tsp. coarse salt, or more to taste
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
To make the dipping sauce, in a medium bowl, stir cheese wedge until smooth. Add sour cream, ranch seasoning, chili powder, and 2 tbsp. water. Whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
Peel squash and slice off the ends. Cut in half widthwise, just above the round section. Cut the round piece in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
Cut squash into French-fry-shaped spears. Thoroughly pat dry. Lay spears on the sheets and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
Flip fries and cook until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 15 minutes.
Carefully transfer fries to a large bowl. Top with minced garlic, olive oil, and garlic powder. Using two forks or spoons, gently toss to coat.
Return fries to the sheets. Bake until minced garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with Parm-style topping, and serve with dipping sauce!