Italian Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Enjoy this delicious and hearty casserole for any occassion…breakfast or dinner. Feel free to modified it with different veggies and meats to create a version your family loves. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 green pepper, diced
- 1 small pkg mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small can chopped jalapenos
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes (thawed if frozen)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, 2 ounces
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
In a large skillet, brown ground sausage. Remove and drain.
In same pan cook onion, green pepper and mushrooms until tender-crisp. Add in chopped jalapenos, garlic powder and cooked sausage.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add sausage/veggie mixture. Mix well to combine.
Transfer to a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serve with Frank's Hot Sauce!!