Forbidden City Lemon Spareribs
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, cracked and sawed into thirds across bones
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons naturally brewed, low-sodium lite soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
Cut ribs into 1-rib pieces, set aside. Combine sugar, lemon peel and juice, lite soy sauce, garlic and red pepper in large bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add ribs, toss to cat lightly with sauce.
Reserving sauce, remove ribs and place in single layer in shallow, foil lined baking pan. Cover and bake in 350 degree oven 45 minutes. Uncover, drain oft excess drippings.
Brush ribs with /3 of reserved sauce. Return to oven and bake uncovered 30 minutes longer; turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.