Krisha's Farfel and Mushroom Casserole
- 1/4 c olive oil, divided
- 4 c Manischewitz matzo farfel
- 2 c finely chopped onions
- 3 c finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 c coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/3 c sliced celery
- 1/2 c diced green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 10 1/2 cans condensed clear chicken soup
- 1/4 t black pepper
Preparation time 50mins
1. Heat 1 T oil on large frying pan, over medium high heat. add matza farfel and stir constantly until lightly toasted. Remove from pan, and set aside.
2. Wipe pan with dry paper towels, if necessary, to remove crumbs.
3. Pour remaining oil into pan and add onions; saute over medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes longer. Stir in carrots, celery , green pepper and garlic; cover pan and lower heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in soup and black pepper. Add farfel and gently toss until liquid is absorbed.
5. Lightly spoon farfel mixture into a greased 8 inch square or a 2-quart baking dish. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.