Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
A very festive dessert. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 8 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 teas ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teas ground allspice
- 1 3/4 c cranberries
- 1 large egg
- 1 teas vanilla
- 1 1/4 flour
- 1 1/2 teas baking powder
- 1/4 teas salt
- 1/2 c milk
- Whipping cream or ice cream for topping
Preheat oven to 350. Rub the bottom and sides of an 8 inch round cake pan with 2 T butter. In a small bowl whisk together 1/2 c sugar with the cinnamon and allspice. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan; arrange the cranberries in a single layer on top.
With an electric mixer, cream the remaining 6 T butter and 1/2 c sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until well combined. In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk, until well combined.
Spoon the batter over the cranberries in the pan and smooth the top. Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on rack for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake; invert onto a rimmed platter. Serve with whipping cream or ice cream.
You'll also love
- Cheese Bacon Wrapped Pastry Twists 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Quickbread - Zucchini Apple Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Avocado Chiffon Pie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vitamix - Triple Berry Smoothie 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hatch Chile & Strawberry Compote 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)