Hatch Chile & Strawberry Compote
New Mexico's Hatch chiles are amazingly versatile. In addition to adding heat to a number of traditional dishes, it also takes sweet quite well. The measurements below are per serving.
- PER SERVING:
- 2-3 medium-large strawberries
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh-roasted Hatch chile
- 1.5-2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
Peel and dice the chile. Rinse then slice strawberries.
Combine the chile and strawberry slices in a small bowl then add brown sugar, lime juice, and heavy whipping cream.
Microwave for 20 seconds and serve.
For more heat, use the hot variety of Hatch chiles!
You'll also love
- Tomato Pie 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Salmon Head Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Gemelli Pasta w/ Roasted Fennel &... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Cherry Cobbler 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Orange French Toast with... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins- Passover 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Waffles 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chilled Strawberry Souffle 4.5/5 (2 Votes)