Pan Seared Scallops with an Orange-Soy Chili Reduction
By Duane Pemberton and Dzintra Dzenis
This is a quick, easy Asian-inspired meal that’s a sure-fire hit for seafood lovers.
- 12 fresh scallops
- 1/3 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1/2 cup of low sodium soy
- 3-4 sprigs Thai Basil – takes the leaves off
- 1/2 cup of thinly cut Scallions
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 pack of rice noodles
- Kosher Salt / Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup of diced zucchini
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Fresh bean sprouts for plating
- Olive Oil – NOT Extra Virgin or you can use grape seed oil
Adapted from winefoot.com
Put the sesame oil in the bottle of a sauce pan on medium heat – then add ginger and garlic – let cook in the oil for a few minutes. Add the soy sauce, orange juice, Sriracha and honey – let reduce down by 2 thirds.
Prepare per package instructions
Sauteé the carrots and zucchini in clarified butter or olive oil until tender and season with salt/pepper – set aside.
Pat-dry the scallops with a paper towel then season with salt/pepper. Place into a pan on medium-high heat with clarified butter or olive oil – sear on each side for approximately 90 seconds.
You'll also love
- Mini Tortillas with Corn Mushrooms... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- TNT SMOKED PULLED SIRLOIN 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Barley Risotto 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- GRAPE-NUTS LOW-FAT MUFFINS 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Sautéed Lemon Chicken with Warm... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Rock Salt Shrimp 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Grapefruit Sabayon Cakes 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut with Watermelon... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)