Pineapple Delight Dessert
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 14oz. can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups whipped cream (prepared from a small carton of whipping cream, Cool Whip, or Dream Whip
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and place rack in the centre of the oven.
In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup melted butter/margarine. Press the mixture into an 8x8" or 9x9" baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack
In a separate bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup softened butter/margarine, icing sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread this mixture over the crust once it has completely cooled. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Prepare your whipped cream of choice. If using a carton of whipping cream, beat the cream in a medium bowl until it is thick and stiff. You may want to add 2 Tbsp. of white sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla extract for sweetness and flavour. Drain the juice from the canned crushed pineapple. Mix the whipped cream and pineapple together and spread evenly over top of the cooled butter filling.
Garnish the dessert with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. Keep chilled and serve cold
You'll also love
- Andouille and White Cheddar... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Bites 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Almond and Lemon Biscotti Dipped... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes 4.7/5 (10 Votes)