Ham Steak with Pineapple
- 1 2-inch thick ham steak (fully cooked)
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bbq.about.com
Mix together the pineapple juice, oil and 1 teaspoon of the mustard.
Make cuts through the fat on the ham steak so it won't curl on the grill. Place ham in shallow baking dish and pour mixture over it. Let stand.
With a pair of scissors trim the sharp points from the pineapple crown. Remove any dried spikes.
With a sharp knife cut the pineapple lengthwise into 8 equal pieces.
Lay out on a platter, skin down and drizzle with honey (you might need more than 2 tablespoons).
Let ham and pineapple sit for about an hour.
Place ham on grill over a medium fire.
Let grill about 10-15 minutes, brushing periodically with marinade.
When browned on one side turn over.
Place pineapple pieces on the grill.
Continue grilling, brushing the ham with the marinade from time to time. Remove when pineapple has good grill marks and ham is heated through.
Place on serving platter. Take remaining marinade and mix with remaining mustard until the mustard is dissolved into mixture. Pour over ham and serve.
You'll also love
- Favorite Fresh Raspberry Pie 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Lobster with... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Sugar Scrub - Homemade 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Maple Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken, Pineapple and Coconut... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Piña Colada Monkey Bread 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe