(Key) Lime Bars
- 2 1/2 cups flour, separated
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 oz. chilled cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teas. almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teas. vanilla extract
- Grated zest of 4 key limes
Preheat oven to 350*.
In a food processor, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, butter, cream cheese and almond extract. Pulse until mixture is crumbly but holds together when squeezed between fingers. Working quickly, transfer dough to a 9x13x2 baking pan and press evenly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides. Bake until lightly browned, 20 - 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lime juice, vanilla, lime zest and the remaining flour. Pour over the warm, baked crust. Return to oven and bake until the center is set and no longer sticky, 22-24 minutes. The filling will be soft when touched, similar to a custard pie filling. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or over night. Just before serving, cut into bars and dust with confectioners sugar. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Italian Milk-Braised Pork Roast... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Peach and Pecan Brown Sugar Parfait 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Grain Free Blueberry Lemon Muffins 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Frozen Lemon Lime Mousse Pie 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
Review this recipe