Grain Free Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 cup Tropical Traditions coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 lemon, peel and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
If coconut oil and honey are not liquid, warm in a small saucepan over lowest heat to liquefy.
In a large bowl beat eggs well with an electric mixer. Then add honey, coconut oil, applesauce, lemon rind and juice, and vanilla and blend well.
Mix dry ingredients into wet. Let batter sit for a couple minutes while the coconut flour absorbs.
Gently fold in blueberries.
Place batter into two paper lined 12 cup muffin pans.
Bake at 350 degrees °F for about 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (well, without batter, that is... it may have a juicy blueberry stain!)
Cool and serve.
Recipe submitted by Emily, Glen Ellyn, IL
You'll also love
- Paleo Banana bread 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Asparagus, Bacon and Cheese Strata... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon-Cream Cheese Crescent Ring 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Lemon-Blackberry Parfaits 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
Review this recipe