Buckwheat, Chickpea & Sweet Potato Jamaican Jerk Wrap (or Salad)
- Sprouted grain tortillas (or collard greens raw or steamed or gluten-free tortillas to make this recipe GF)
- Mixed greens
- Fresh lentil sprouts (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp clean gluten-free jerk seasoning from a jar (not a dry rub)*
- Creamy Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Ranch Dressing (homemade is best)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (try your best to soak them overnight and prepare them yourself instead of eating the aluminum-soaked ones)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked buckwheat
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced and steamed
- 3-4 large kale leaves, chopped and steamed for 2 minutes, until they wilt.
Prepare sprouted buckwheat and chickpeas for this recipe and then cook them. Place together in a large glass bowl when done.
Diced sweet potato and steam for 15-20 minutes until soft, a fork should go in easily, but not so much that they are mushy. Once cooked, toss in the bowl with your buckwheat and chickpeas. Add the chopped kale to the steamer for 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add your steamed kale. Stir well.
Now, stir in the jerk seasoning. Start with less and slowly add more as you go, and remember that the ranch dressing is very cooling when paired with the spice.
Lightly steam a sprouted grain tortilla for about 2-5 minutes and lay flat on a large plate. Spoon in some of your jerk veggies and legumes. Add some lentil sprouts and mixed greens.
Top with Creamy Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Ranch Dressing and wrap it up!
You'll also love
- Warm Millet & Broccoli 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Roast Beef & Horseradish Canapés 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Chip Crusted Cod 3.8/5 (45 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Gingered Carrot- Sweet Potato Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage, White Bean, and Swiss... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage With Cabbage Sweet... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)