Dark Chocolate Crunch Muffins
Yum! Deliciously rich Dark chocolate muffins with crunchy peanuts. Perfect for dessert or anytime a sweet tooth needs to be satisfied. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Egg Creations™ Original, well shaken
- 3/4 cup each milk and prune purée (see below)
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, prune purée, margarine and vanilla until smooth.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir just until a ragged batter forms. Divide batter between 12 greased muffin tins. Sprinkle each muffin with an equal amount of the peanuts and chocolate. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins bounce back when touched lightly. Let cool completely.
Prune Purée: Pour ½ cup boiling water over ½ cup lightly packed dried, pitted prunes; stir, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Purée prunes and any unabsorbed liquid in a food processor or blender until smooth (or, substitute prune baby food for the homemade purée).
You'll also love
- Tuna Ceviche with Avocado and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Yeast Batter 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tortilla Snack Strips 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Velvet Mousse 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate-Peanut Butter... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Salted Dark Chocolate... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)