Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Double chocolate muffins. Are they breakfast? Snack? Or dessert? Whatever, they are perfect warm from the oven.
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (1-ounce) unsweetened baking chocolate squares
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup light karo syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 muffin liners with Pam.
In a double boiler or microwaveable bowl combine first three ingredients and melt over simmering water or in microwave. Cool to lukewarm.
In a large bowl combine sour cream, sugar, syrup, egg and vanilla extract; mix well. Pour lukewarm chocolate mixture into egg mixture and blend well.
In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to chocolate mixture, blending well. Fold in chocolate chips. Add batter to prepared muffin liner.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately. Serve warm.