Eggs Benedict with Asparagus and Crab
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and hot
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 4 thin slices Canadian bacon cooked
- 2 English muffins
- 4 whole crab claws cooked
- Steamed asparagus
1. Put parsley and oil in Blender or Food Processor and process until blended. Place mixture in a squeeze bottle for easy garnishing.
2. In a large Skillet, bring 2 inches of water and vinegar to a boil.
3. Crack 1 egg into a glass.
4. Reduce water to a simmer and pour egg into water in one quick motion.
5. Quickly add remaining eggs. Let eggs cook for 4 to 5 minutes. This white should be firm but the yellow should be runny.
6. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
7. Toast the English muffins in Toaster until golden.
For the sauce:
1. Place egg yolks, water and lemon juice into blender. Blend for 1 minute.
2. With blender running, pour butter through open hole of blender lid.
3. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
To assemble eggs benedict:
1. Top each half muffin with bacon, a poached egg and crab claws.
2. Pour warm sauce over all.
3. Garnish with parsley oil and steamed asparagus.