Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Rich and flaky, these biscuits need only a small dollop of savory jam (like red pepper or fig) to elevate them to perfection. Serve with breakfast or dinner -- they'll go fast either way.
11 g fat
35 mg cholesterol
3 g protein
11 g carbohydrates
0 g fiber
230 mg sodium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from americanprofile.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cheese and toss. Stir in heavy cream just until moistened.
Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 to 8 times. Roll to 1/2 -inch thickness; cut with a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
You'll also love
- No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Minty Chocolate Christmas Bundt 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Jiao Zi Chinese Dumplings 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dip 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Bread Machine Mexican Sweet Bread 4.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Scalloped Wreath Gingerbread... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Muffins 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe