Crispy Potato Skins
- 8 russet potatoes (about 5 lb.), scrubbed
- Olive oil for rubbing and brushing
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Sour cream and chopped chives, for serving
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 400°. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and rub with oil; season generously with salt and pepper.
Place potatoes on a rack set in a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until very soft when squeezed and skin is crisp, 60-75 minutes. Let cool.
Heat broiler to high. Halve potatoes and scoop out flesh (save for another use), leaving a ¼ inch border attached to skins. Brush both sides of potatoes with oil and season insides with salt and pepper; return to rack. Broil, turning once, until skins are crisp and flesh is golden, about 5-7 minutes per side.
Divide cheese and bacon among potatoes and broil until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream, chives, and black pepper.