Orange Honey Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo puree
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the orange juice and zest and cook until slightly reduced.
Add the ketchup, honey, vinegar, chipotle puree, soy sauce, ancho powder and salt, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.