Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps will have everyone's mouths watering! The spicy, sweet and tangy flavors are perfectly balanced.
- 12 leaves lettuce (iceberg, romaine, Boston or green leaf)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili sauce (such as Sambal Oelek*)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
Adapted from thecomfortofcooking.com
Gently rinse lettuce leaves and pat dry, careful not to tear them. Set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add bell pepper and onion, cook 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain grease and return pan to stovetop; reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic, soy sauce, hoisin and chili sauces, ginger, rice vinegar and honey. Cook until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in green onions.
Spoon meat mixture into a medium bowl and place on a large serving platter. Arrange lettuce leaves around the bowl and serve.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Pork Potstickers 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion & Cheese... 4.1/5 (84 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo 4/5 (105 Votes)
- GUACAMOLE DE BEEFMAN 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Parmesan Spinach Cakes 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Tofu & Quinoa with Chickpeas... 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)