- 4 potatoes, shredded
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Coat a 12 inch pizza or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shredded onion, eggs and flour. Mix well and press into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Spray top of shell with cooking oil and bake for 10 more minutes. Place under broil and broil for 3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Remove crust from oven but leave oven on.
4. In a large bowl combine the zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, thinly sliced onion, garlic and tofu. Toss to combine.
5. In a large nonstick skillet, saute vegetable/tofu mixture until vegetables are just tender crisp.
6. Combine the tomato sauce and basil. Spread half of the sauce over the top to the potato crust. Top with the sauteed vegetables and sliced tomatoes. Pour the remaining sauce evenly over all. Top with the cheese.
7. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into wedges to serve.