Turkey Meatloaf Makeover
This meatloaf recipe will leave you wondering why you didn’t switch to turkey sooner.
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (20-ounce) packages JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from jennieo.com
Heat oven to 350°F. In food processor, combine onion, carrot, red bell pepper, arugula and garlic. Pulse to chopped.
In large bowl, combine ground turkey and onion mixture. Using hands, work ingredients in gently. In medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, thyme, chili powder, pepper and salt. Mix well. In small bowl, combine almond milk and egg, whisk to combine. Sprinkle dry mixture over meat and gently mix in, add the wet mixture and continue to gently mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
Spray large foil or parchment lined baking sheet with olive oil spray and shape meat into a 6-inch by 11-inch x 1 ½-inch rectangle in the middle of the pan.
For glaze, in a small bowl mix together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cumin and honey and brush over meatloaf top and sides.
Bake 1 hour 30 minutes and until 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer in the
center. Always cook to well-done. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Roasted Asparagus with Slivered... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Sliders 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp and Bacon Pizza 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Italian Christmas Turkey Stuffing 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf... 3.6/5 (61 Votes)
- CrockPot Turkey Meatloaf 4/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe