Citrus Marinated Shrimp Skewers
A great citrus tangy marinade for grilled shrimp, great for dinner or as appetizers. Unpeeled shrimp seem to work best.
- 1 pound large shrimp deveined (unpeeled or peeled)
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1/3 cup olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 Tbs packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- freshly grated lemon peel
- metal or wooden grill skewers (soak wood skewers for 30 min)
- 9 x 13 glass baking dish or pan
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Mix all marinade ingredients, salt and pepper to taste, mix well in a large plastic bowl with a tight fitting lid.
2. Marinade at room temp for 20 minutes, or in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill while preparing shrimp skewers
4. Thread shrimp onto skewers; place skewers into pan.
5. Grill over medium heat about 2 - 3 minutes per side or until pink.