Mini Shrimp Rolls
One serving (3 shrimp rolls) equals 153 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mini Shrimp Rolls in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p48
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Chop shrimp; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add mozzarella cheese. Stir in the cabbage, onions, carrot, soy sauce, garlic and shrimp.
For each shrimp roll, place 1 tablespoon of shrimp mixture across the bottom third of wonton wrapper to within 1/4 in. of bottom and side edges. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
Combine flour and water until smooth; brush a 1/4-in. wide strip on side edges and fold side edges over 1/4 in. Brush side edges and top edge with water mixture. Fold bottom third of wonton wrapper over filling, then bring top over and pinch edges to seal completely.
Lightly spray rolls with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)