Gnocchi, Sausage and Spinach Soup
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper diced
- olive oil for sautéing
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Italian sausage casings removed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed between fingers
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, rough chopped
- 3/4 c half& half or heavy cream
- 1 heaping tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Adapted from food.com
In a large sauce pan or soup pot sauté onion and red pepper in a couple of tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat until tender.
Season well with salt and pepper. In a separate, large skillet brown the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. Add garlic to onion mixture and sauté until fragrant.
Drain sausage and add to onion mixture along with the basil and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 20 mins.
Add gnocchi and spinach, bring to a simmer and cook until gnocchi puff up and start to float. add half & half and fresh basil, bring to a simmer for three or four minutes. serve with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Steak and mushroom pot pies 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Fried Mashed Potato Balls 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Chanterelle Mushroom and Bacon... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Gambas al Ajillo (Shrimp in Garlic... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Oven Fried Beef Taquitos 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Fried Noodles With Garlic Shrimp 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Sausage and Beef Chili 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles 4.6/5 (18 Votes)