Bourbon-Cherry Brownie a la mode
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), plus more for pan
- 1 cup (5ounces) dried cherries
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 2 Tbsp dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (8 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp fine salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; lightly butter parchment. In a small saucepan, combine cherries, Bourbon, Brown sugar, and 1/4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook until cherries are tender, about 10 minutes. Strain cherries, reserving liquid for another use if desired.
2. Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, combine butter and granulated sugar over medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Stir in chocolate chips and let cool slightly. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs to chocolate mixture, then add to flour mixture in two additions and mix just until smooth. Stir in cherries and transfer batter to pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 1 hour. Use parchment paper to lift brownies from pan; cut into 9 squares. To serve, top with ice cream.