Kefir Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar (Rapadura or Sucanat work well)
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kefir
- 1 1/4 cup cups Bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Nuts, chopped (optional)
• If desired, 12-24 hours prior to making bread, mix the flour and kefir together. Cover and allow the flour to soak.
• Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
• In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, bananas and nuts.
• Add the kefir and flour mixture and mix just until blended. Add the baking soda and baking powder and mix just until blended.
• Pour into a greased bread pan (9" x 5").
• Bake for approximately 1.5 hours until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (exact time will vary depending on size of pan and number of pans baking at once).