Kefir Banana Bread Recipe
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar (Rapadura or Sucanat work well)
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kefir
- 1 1/4 cup cups Bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Nuts, chopped (optional)
• If desired, 12-24 hours prior to making bread, mix the flour and kefir together. Cover and allow the flour to soak.
• Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
• In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, bananas and nuts.
• Add the kefir and flour mixture and mix just until blended. Add the baking soda and baking powder and mix just until blended.
• Pour into a greased bread pan (9" x 5").
• Bake for approximately 1.5 hours until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (exact time will vary depending on size of pan and number of pans baking at once).
You'll also love
- Hamburger Corn Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut eggnog pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CHICKEN LEMONAISE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Banana 'French Toast' With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe