bourbon poached peaches
- 4 lbs peaches..about 12
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split,scraped..save pods
- 1 cup bourbon
bring large pot of water to boil. meanwhil, prepare ice-water bath. cut small X in bottom of each peach. boil peaches for 1 min.
transfer to ice water bath..let cool slightly.. peel and pit peaches and cut into 3/4 inch wedges.
bring 4 cups water ,sugar and vanilla seeds and pods to boil in large saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. add peaches and bourbon. simmer until peaches are tender but still hold their shape..5 to 7 min...
transfer peaches to large bowl, using a slotted spoon.. cook syrup over medium until reduced by half, about 15 min. pour over peaches,let cool completely..
divide peaches among sterilized jars using slotted spoon. jars can be sterilized by boiling in water, submerged for 10 min.. pour syrup over tops. add vanilla pods to jars if desired. seal jars and refreigerate.
You'll also love
- Thai Shrimp Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- THE BEST PORK TENDERLOIN 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Chile Squash Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pickled Okra Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kefir Banana Bread Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut eggnog pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whipped Cream - Peach Schnapps 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe