Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage
- 3/4 pound of uncooked turkey sausage, spicy
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 10 oz. of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 12 oz ziti
- 6 oz. of shredded mozarella cheese
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven to 350.
Cook the ziti and drain.
Crumble the sausage into a large pan and cook over medium heat, 4 minutes.
Drain off any fat, then add the onion and pepper, 3 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, peas, tomato paste, oregano, basil, time, fennel, salt and pepper.
Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in the cooked pasta and half the cheese. Spread in a 9x13 baking dish.
Top with the remaining cheese.
Cook for 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Let stand for a bit before slicing.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Scallion Stir Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jackie's four peppercorn pork loin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey and Cheddar Wrap 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bertucci's rigatoni with chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta Fagoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Chicken or Turkey Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 0/5 (0 Votes)