Pulled Pork Barbecue
Don't miss out on delicious pulled pork barbecue because you are trying to eat healthy! This pork is as delicious as it is guilt-free!
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon unrefined virgin coconut oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic spicy (or dijon) mustard
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid Stevia extract
- PULLED PORK:
- 3 pounds Boston Butt pork shoulder
- 1 fist of garlic, peeled
- 3 cups Imagine chicken broth
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 490mins
Adapted from primal-palate.com
In a saucepan, heat coconut oil on medium.
Add garlic and shallots, and saute until soft and translucent.
Add mustard, smoked paprika, chipotle, cumin, and salt, and continue to saute (about 30 seconds).
Add chicken broth, lime juice, stevia, and tomato paste.
Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
Bring to a light boil, reduce to simmer, and slightly cover with a lid.
Simmer for 45 minutes, and let cool.
Rinse pork under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
Place pork in crock pot and cover with chicken broth.
Cook pork on low for 8 hours.
Remove from crock pot, and let cool.
Discard thick layers of fat.
Shred pork with two forks.
Toss pork with barbecue sauce and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)