Green Chile Squash Casserole
- 1 1/4 pound yellow summer squash, sliced, about 5 medium
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or chipotle pepper or use black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ounce can green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces of monterey jack cheese shredded
How to make it
Cook the squash in boiling salted water until very soft; drain extremely well.
Mash the squash until chunky.
Add the butter and stir to melt in.
Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Stir in all remaining ingredients and put in a greased casserole.
Bake, uncovered, 325º 60 minutes until set and brow