Greek Chicken Roulades with a White Wine Reduction & Creamy Orzo
- CREAMY ORZO with FETA SUN-DRIED TOMATOES:
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, divided
- 3 T fresh bread crumbs
- 3 T minced oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T minced lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halces (6 oz each), trimmed of fat
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c dicd onion
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 1/2 c low sodium chicken broth
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- START BOILING THE PASTA BEFORE MAKING THE ROULADES, THEN FINISH THE ORZO DISH WHILE THE CHICKEN SIMMERS.
- 1 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c dry orzo pasta (4oz)
- 2 T minced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 T crumbled feta cheese (1oz)
- 1/8 tsp EACH kosher salt and black pepper
Cooking time 30mins
DICE 6 olives; set aside. Process remaining 6 olives, bread crumbs, tomatoes, zest, garlic, and oregano in a food processor until minced.
USING a meat mallet, pound chicken between plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thickness. Spread olive-tomato filling on chicken. Roll chicken; secure with toothpicks.
SAUTE roulades in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until browned, 4 minutes. Remove roulades to a plate. Add onion to skillet and sauté 2 minutes. Add wine; cook until liquid reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Add broth. Bring mixture to a boil; and diced olives and roulades.
COVER skillet, reduce heat. Simmer roulades 10 minutes; remove roulades to a plate. Whisk together lemon juice and cornstarch; stir into sauce in skillet. Simmer 1 minute. Slice roulades, serve with sauce.
CREAMY ORZO WITH FETA SUN-DRIED TOMATOES:
BRING broth to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in orzo.
Return liquid to a boil. Cook orzo, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, 9 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
STIR tomatoes and feta into orzo, mixing until feta melts slightly. Season orzo mixture with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken roulades.