Extreme Banana Nut Bread "EBNA"
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 cups of mashed overripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between two loaf pans.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, into a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cook in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cook completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
You'll also love
- Asian Pork Noodle Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Kale Rosemary Pistachio Oil Pesto 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp and Leeks 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Dried Apricot and Currant Rice 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Trout in a Parcel with Lemon,... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Maruya (Banana Fritters 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- BANANA NUT BREAD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)