Shrimp and Leeks
Frizzled leeks on top of a bed of rice with spicy shrimp and leeks.
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 3 T peanut oil, divided
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups bias-sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1/4 c diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Cook white rice
- Frizzled Leeks
- 1 leek-sliced white and green part only sliced in rounds or matchstick-size strips
- 2 T flour
- 1 c peanut oil
- salt to taste
Combine sesame seeds, salt, pepper flakes, black pepper, and sugar. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and toss with sesame seed mixture.
Heat 2 T oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and stir fry until firm about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Heat remaining 1 T oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in ginger, cook 1 minute. Add leeks; stir-fry until softened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in bell pepper, broth and soy sauce. Simmer 1 minute.
Heat peanut oil add leek and fry until crisp and brown. Drain on paper towels,
Serve on a bed of rice, then leeks,then shrimp and frizzled leeks on top.
You'll also love
- Warm Camembert with Wild Mushroom... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cauliflower Breadsticks 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Corn Chivda 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Maple Glazed Salmon 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Potatoes - Muffin Tin Scalloped... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Squash & Leek Lasagna 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- APPETIZERS = Crab Melt Dip 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Linguine with Shrimp Scampi 4.3/5 (3 Votes)