BANANA NUT BREAD
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup mashed, overripe banana
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour loaf pan.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until will blended.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir, until just blended. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
4. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pan for at least five minutes. Then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely.