Hibiscus Cranberry Sauce
- 1/3cup1/3 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 110-ounce bag1 10-ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3cup1/3 cup water
- 1/3cup1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest (optional)
Adapted from loveandoliveoil.com
1. Place hibiscus flowers in the center of a large piece of cheesecloth or clean muslin. Tie tightly into a bundle with food-safe twine.
2. In a saucepan, combine cranberries, water, sugar, and lime juice, and nestle hibiscus bundle within the liquid. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally and keeping hibiscus bundle submerged, and boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries are burst and liquid is thickened. Remove hibiscus bundle, squeezing out as much liquid as possible, then discard.
3. Sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and refrigerated in a jar or airtight container.