Lemon-vanilla Buerre Blanc Sauce
- 1 1/2 vanilla beans cut in half
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
• Split the vanilla beans, place them in a small sauté or sauce pan with the white wine. Bring to boil then turn off, let the beans steep in the wine. After ten minute or so, take a small paring knife and scrape the inside of the beans.
• To assemble the sauce, melt the one tablespoon of butter in a saute pan. Add the finely chopped shallots until they are soft and clear around five minutes. Do not brown them.Add the white wine and lemon zest. Simmer until the wine is reduced fifty percent. Add the heavy whipping cream. stir and let simmer on low heat until reduced and the bubbles appear and thickens.
• Turn off the flame. Using a whisk vigorously whip the butter into the sauce piece by piece, until it is completely incorporated. Adjust the salt and keep in a warm but not hot space.