Crispy Chicken Breasts with Chermoula and Escarole
Chermoula, a spice and herb sauce popular in Morocco and Tunisia, can be used as a marinade or condiment for these crispy chicken breasts over escarole.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts, bones removed (1 1/2–2 lb.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 medium shallot, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 head escarole, torn into pieces
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until golden brown, 10–12 minutes. Turn and cook until cooked through, 5–8 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate; reserve skillet.
Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 3 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add garlic, coriander, cumin, and paprika. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add shallot, and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Combine cilantro, lemon juice, and 2 Tbsp. garlic-shallot mixture in a large bowl; season chermoula with salt and pepper. Add escarole and toss to coat. Slice chicken and arrange on top. Spoon remaining garlic-shallot mixture over and drizzle with more lemon juice, if desired.
You'll also love
- Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Black Skillet Tex-Mex chicken 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Butter Chicken 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Peanut Noodles 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Shallots and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Moroccan Chickpea & Couscous Salad 4/5 (51 Votes)
- Moroccan Chicken and Butternut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)