Glazed Cranberry and Crystallized Ginger Loaf
- 1 3/4cups1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp salt
- 8tbsp8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3cups1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1tbsp1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3large3 large eggs
- 1/4cup1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp 2% milk
- 1cup1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, picked over
- 1/4cup1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4cup3/4 cup powdered (confectioner's) sugar
- 4 1/2tsp4 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2tsp1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- PinchPinch salt
Adapted from cookincanuck.com
1. For the bread, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl, using a hand mixer) set on a medium speed, beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine after each addition.
4. Turn the mixer to low and gradually add the flour mixture and milk. Beat until just combined.
5. Take care not to overbeat or the bread will be tough.
6. Remove the bowl from the mixer and, using a rubber spatula, stir in the cranberries and chopped crystallized ginger.
7. Pour the batter into prepared pan and level with a spatula.
8. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes. Let the bread sit in the pan for 10 minutes.
9. Run a knife around the outside and turn the pan upside down to release the bread. Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then glaze.
10. For the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest, and salt until combined. Drizzle over cooled quick bread.
You'll also love
- Teriyaki Steak with Crunchy Onions... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with Marshmallow... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- 1 - 2 - 3 Cherry Poke Calke 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Roast Turkey, Avocado and Bacon... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Blueberry Buttermilk Sherbet 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cranberry Bread 4.4/5 (18 Votes)