Amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional)
Adapted from food.com
* Sauté onion, garlic, jalapeño and green pepper with olive oil in a large pot until soft.
* Add all the rest of the ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
* Simmer an additional 45 minutes.
* Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired.