Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Cauliflower and Asparagus
- 1 small head cauliflower, roughly chopped (4 cups)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers (1.5 cups)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz dried pasta
- Vegan parmesan or mozzarella, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400
Large bowl: mix cauliflower with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
Roast x 35 minutes, stirring once.
Add the asparagus and a bit more oil. Toss and bake x 10 mins. Set aside.
Skillet over med heat: sauté shallots and garlic until translucent.
Transfer to food processor and add in cashews and wine. Puree until smooth.
Add white beans, red pepper, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt- puree. Slowly add in milk. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour sauce into skillet and simer over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken, about 10 mins.
Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
Add the pasta, cauliflower and asparagus to the skillet with the red pepper sauce. Toss and season to taste.
Garnish with vegan cheese.
You'll also love
- Grilled Chicken and Eggplant... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Orzo Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower with lemon pine nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine w/ clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)