Corn and Fingerling Potato Chowder
- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 3/4 cups diced onions
- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (I use frozen corn)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fat free less sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 8 oz (1/4 inch rounds fingerling potato slices)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme sprigs
Cook bacon in a large dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove baconfrom pan and crumble.
Add onions to drippings in pan. Cook 8 minutes or until tender stirring occasionally.
Add corn, chopped thyme, and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
Stir in broth, milk, half and half, and potatoes; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Transfer 2 cups potato mixture to a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape). Place a clean towel over opening (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth; return pureed mixture to pan. Stir in salt and pepper; sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Yield 5 servings carbs 27.8g Calories 186