Bacon, Egg and Hashbrown Stacks
4 Points Plus
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 item(s) frozen hash brown potato patty prepared without fat
- 2 large egg(s)
- 3 large egg white(s)
- 3 oz uncooked Canadian-style bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), minced, green part only
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 8 tsp ketchup, hot and spicy variety (optional)
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place hash brown patties in skillet; cook over medium heat on first side until golden brown, about 7 to 9 minutes. Flip patties; cook until golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes more.
Meanwhile, coat a second large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, bacon, scallion, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour into prepared skillet and then increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set, but slightly glossy, remove from heat; cover to keep warm until hash browns are finished cooking.
To assemble stacks, place 1 hash brown patty on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/4 of egg mixture and serve with 2 teaspoons of ketchup. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Yields 1 stack per serving.
Finely diced turkey bacon makes a nice alternative to the Canadian bacon in this recipe. Just make sure to cook the bacon before adding it to the eggs (could affect PointsPlus values).