Penne with Italian Sausage - Baked
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat oil in a large, deep skillet.
Place sausage and onion in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
Drain excess fat.
Pour in wine, and cook for 1 minute, stirring, to deglaze the pan.
Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Toss with cooked pasta, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Clean Green Bean Casserole (Vegan,... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower With Dates and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine Pasta - Pioneer... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Egg Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Ginger Noodles Recipe 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Waldorf Salad with Smoked Turkey 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Linguine With Scallops, Brown... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Linguini with White Clam Sauce 4.6/5 (12 Votes)