Duck Orange Peel Soup
My attempt at our favorite soup at our favorite Chinese restaurant.
Give it a try and see if you can make it better. I would appreciate any suggestions.
- 1 duck
- 1 stalk celery, cut in three
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in
- three three
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 1 cup dried Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried black fungus
- 1/4 cup dried orange or mandarin peel
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 bunch Enoki mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 inches thinly sliced ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Cornstarch mixed with water
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 150mins
Remove breasts from duck and roast them until cooked. Break into shreds and set aside.
Slowly simmer remaining duck with carrot, celery and onion to create a broth.
Soak mushrooms, fungus and orange peel and set aside.
Drain and skim fat from broth. Throw out carcass.
Add Shitakes, fungus and orange peel including liquid to the broth.
Add other ingredients and simmer until flavourful.
Before serving, thicken soup with cornstarch and add
You'll also love
- Tilapia in Lemon Dill Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger Shallot Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Citrus Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Rum Raisin Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep Fried Prime Rib 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef/Venison Stew (LL Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Liqueur (similar to Grand... 0/5 (0 Votes)